18 May Why Is Digital Marketing Important For Small Businesses?
If you are a small business owner and you are still questioning whether or not your business should be making use of online marketing strategies, the time for doubt is over.
Let me tell you why:
FACT: Almost every single American uses the internet these days. Whether it’s your 100 year old grandma or your 7 year old nephew, there is a very good chance that if they live in the US (and not under a rock) they use the internet.
Think about it like this: When the average American learns about a company for the first time, what do they do?
Do they swing by the storefront and pay the business a visit? No.
Do they look up the business in a phone book? No.
Then what do they do? They look it up online.
These days having a website is the bare minimum–it is simply expected that a legitimate business at least has a website. Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) are also becoming increasingly important (whether you like it or not!). And online directories (Yelp, Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc.) have basically replaced the traditional phone book.
Today, more and more businesses are realizing the importance of:
- Having a user-friendly, search engine optimized website
- Engaging customers on at least one social platform
- Ensuring their business information (name, address, phone number) is listed properly on the top online directories
Don’t believe us? Check out some of these stats:
- 97% of consumers now use online media to shop locally (source: BIA/Kelsey and ConStat)
- 80% of consumers use the internet to search for information about products and services before making a purchase (source: Retailing Today)
- According to BrightLocal’s 2014 Local Consumer Review Survey, 88% of consumers read online reviews in order to determine the quality of a local business
- Each month there are 100 billion Google searches made (source: Mashable)
- 71% of internet users are more likely to purchase from a brand they are following on a social network site, such as Facebook or Twitter (source: Universal McCann)
- NAP listing consistency (your business’s Name, Address and Phone number showing up correctly across different directories) accounts for 54.4% of your business’s ranking performance (source: Moz’s “2015 Local Search Ranking Factors” report)
Still not convinced about the power of the internet? Check out this fun page that gives you an idea of exactly how much happens in just 1 second on the internet:
So……digital marketing is kind of a big deal. And if you are just realizing that now, it’s ok–we can help! Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your business grow with our proven digital marketing strategies.
Don’t forget to Like Magic Marketing on Facebook!